VMware launched a couple of days a new update(update 2) for vCenter 6.0 and also ESXi.
What is new:
vCenter Update 2 Features:
- Two-factor authentication for vSphere Web Client: Protect the vSphere Web Client using the following form of authentication:
- RSA SecurID
- Smart card (That is the UPN based Common Access Card)
- Support to change vSphere ESX Agent Manager logging level: This release supports dynamic increase or decrease of vSphere ESX Agent Manager (EAM) logging levels without restarting EAM.
- vSphere Web Client support: vSphere Web Client now supports Microsoft Windows 10 OS.
- vCenter Server database support:
vCenter Server now supports the following external databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1
- vCenter Server 6.0 Update 2 issues that have been fixed in this update Resolved Issues .
Also the import for this release.
ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Features:
- High Ethernet Link Speed: ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports 25 G and 50 G Ethernet link speeds.
- VMware Host Client: The VMware Host Client is an HTML5 client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts.
- vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO) Enhancement:
- ESXi 6.0 Update 2 issues that have been fixed in the this update Resolved Issues
Also the import for this release. ( a long list )